A glass of wine is a great addition to many meals. Many people believe that red wines go with meat while white wines go with fish. There is no right or wrong when it comes to pairing wine with your meals. Matching wine to food is a personal choice. As a general rule, wines are better appreciated when they progress from light to heavy over the course of the meal, with white wines served before reds, and dry wines before sweet ones. Sweet dessert wines should taste sweeter than the food they are served with. Take the time to experiment with different combinations and consider the following rules:
1. Champagne is perfect with anything salty.
2. Sauvignon Blanc goes with tart dressings and sauces.
3. Choose Gruner Veltliner when a dish has lots of fresh herbs.
4. Pinot Grigio pairs well with light fish dishes.
5. Choose Chardonnay for fatty fish or fish in a rich sauce.
6. Off-Dry Riesling pairs with sweet & spicy dishes.
7. Moscato d’Asti loves fruit desserts.
8. Rose Champagne is great with dinner, not just hors d’oeuvres.
9. Pair a dry Rose with rich, cheesy dishes.
10. Pinot Noir is great for dishes with earthy flavors.
11. Cabernet Sauvignon is fabulous with juicy red meat.
These tips can help you to determine which wines you prefer to pair with specific dishes. The delicious recipes catered by Savory Catering are each packed with flavorful ingredients that can be enhanced with the perfect bottle of wine. We would love to work with you to create a menu with some wine options that will impress your guests. Give Savory Catering a call today at 469-371-8077 to begin the plans for your next big event.