How many ways have you eaten asparagus - grilled, sautéed, wrapped in bacon, smothered in cheese, with an over easy egg? Whether you love asparagus or not, it is one vegetable that is full of nutrients, age-fighting, and disease-fighting abilities. More and more delicious recipes now include asparagus and you can see below some of the health benefits you get when you choose to indulge.
- Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells.
- Asparagus is known as an herbaceous plant and is rich in glutathione, which helps break down harmful compounds. This means that eating asparagus could help to protect you against some forms of cancer like lung, breast, colon, and bone cancer.
- This yummy veggie is packed with antioxidants. In fact, it is one of the top ranked vegetables to neutralize cell damaging free radicals. So eating asparagus could help to slow down the aging process!
- Is a natural diuretic – a beneficial food for those with high blood pressure and other heart-related conditions.
- It contains inulin – a prebiotic which helps support the beneficial bacteria in our gut.
Asparagus is fairly clean, packed with nutrients, low carb and it is considered one of the foods that you do not need to purchase organic.
At Savory Catering in Dallas we love our asparagus dishes! We pride ourselves in our fresh gourmet recipes and each of our asparagus dishes are mouthwatering and in high demand. Below are two of the asparagus options that we provide. To see all of our asparagus options give us a call at 214-699-6101. We would love to plan your next event and include some yummy nutrient-packed veggies like asparagus!
Couscous & Asparagus Chilled Salad
Served with Fresh Cucumbers, Olives & Champagne Vinaigrette
Grilled & Chilled Asparagus
Served with Chopped Egg, Apple Wood Smoked Bacon & Champagne Vinaigrette